that song in my head

that song in my head

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

all i wanna do is grow old with you

as i climed out of my pontiac today at wal-mart, i saw this couple getting out of their car. they were probably in their late 70s. before i could realize my train of thought...i was jealous of this couple. i'll admit it, at first i was embarrassed that i was jealous of this much older couple...but then i thought, why am i embarrassed. they have so many years of love between the two of them. how wonderful is that?!?! harry connick jr says this in "ps, i love you" and i adore it...

"We're so arrogant, aren't we? So afraid of age, we do everything we can to prevent it. We don't realize what a privilege it is to grow old with someone. Someone who doesn't drive you to commit murder or doesn't humiliate you beyond repair."

i pray i am blessed and privileged enough to grow old with my husband.
emily charline

4 comments:

  1. I have the same hope. Love that movie too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! you started a BLOG! you are gonna have SO much fun with this! i promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world - I like the template you chose ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully said. But even a few years with someone you love leaves you eternally blessed.

    ReplyDelete