that song in my head

that song in my head

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

yesterday i prayed

i've felt myself getting caught up in the little things lately. not to say they arent important to me, because they are. i know God cares about these things, because they ARE important to me. BUT, in the grand scheme of things, they are still small.

yesterday before dinner i prayed that God would help me not get to caught up in the little things, but to help us see the big picture. afterward, mom said she felt that she had been getting caught up in the little things too and i told her that i was speaking to myself more than anything but i was glad she needed it too.

here are a couple examples:
-on move in day to the new house, andrew realized our landlords had taken out the refridgerator, washer, and dryer which were included in the contract. a couple days of freaking out and telling our leasing agent about this, the landlord told us they were going to buy new ones for us since they took the old ones out.
-my original bridal portraits were ruined--something inside the camera places a dark spot on every single one of the pictures. we ended up redoing them last night. i was willing to do this, but a little irritated, considering the wedding is less than 3 weeks away. because we re-did them, they are probably going to be better than the first time around.

i let myself freak out and be stressed (pepcid here i come!) about the little things, but i need to remember God is in control and if i let Him, He will take control and show me that he can make things SO MUCH BETTER than i can when i'm "in control."

why is it so hard to let go of the reigns even when we KNOW God will take care of us?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment